Advice if you are being treated with Invisalign but unable to attend for your routine check during the Covid 19 pandemic
It is with regret that we have to close the practice to all patients at this time. I hope you are able to make some progress with your treatment but here is some advice to help. Always keep wearing your aligners or reduce to night time only to hold your teeth steady.
To contact Dr McCallum to discuss your treatment click here
Mid-treatment or close to the end of treatment
- Please keep wearing your aligners as normal.
- Change as prescribed but please make sure your teeth are ready for the next aligner.
- If the new aligner does not engage fully then wear the previous aligner for a day, or two, or three more.
- Work through your aligners until you are wearing the last one you have in your possession. Then wear the last aligners for 2 weeks full time, then reduce to wearing them just at night time only as retainers.
- It is very important to keep wearing something to hold your teeth steady.
- Treatment will be continued as soon as normality returns.
- If you are due to receive more aligners it may be possible to post these out to you. Do not attend the practice at this time.
If you require new aligners
- You must consult with Dr McCallum by email or telephone to establish whether you should receive any further aligners.
- Adjustments may be required before the next stage in your treatment
If you have aligners but no attachments
- Attachments are placed at stage 3.
- Wear aligners up until stage 3 and then wear 3 at night only to hold your teeth steady until attachments can be placed.
- It is impossible to progress any further with your treatment until the attachments are in place.
All aligner fitting appointments and impression and record taking appointments will be delayed until we can start to see patients in the practice. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. Please be reassured that your treatment result will not be affected by this delay.